At Microsoft, we're motivated and inspired every day by how our customers use our software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas, and stay connected to what's most important to them.
Visit us at http://www.microsoft.com.au/
Microsoft was founded in 1975 in Seattle, Washington whilst our Australian subsidiary was founded in 1983 employing only 20 people. Today, Microsoft Australia employs over 800 people working in capital cities across Australia, as well as ninemsn (a PBL and Microsoft joint venture) and Microsoft's Xbox business. Our five business divisions offer the greatest potential to serve our customers. They are:
- Windows & Windows Live Division: Includes the Windows product family and is responsible for our relationships with personal computer manufacturers as well as online software and services through Windows Live.
- Server and Tools: Software server products, services and solutions, including: Windows Server operating system, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, Silverlight, System Center products, Forefront security products, Biz Talk Server, and Microsoft Consulting Services.
- Online Services Division: Consists of an online advertising platform with offerings for publishers and advertisers, and online information offerings such as Bing
- Microsoft Business Division: Includes the Microsoft Office suites, desktop programs, servers, and services and solutions
- Entertainment and Devices Division: Consists of the Xbox video game system, Zune digital music and entertainment devices; Windows Phone and Surface computing platform
We are committed long term to the mission of helping our customers realize their full potential via 14,000+ Australian businesses which sell, implement, maintain or develop technology solutions running on Microsoft platforms. We estimate, for every $1 Microsoft generates in revenue, our Australian partners generate $9 in revenue. For more information, please visit www.microsoft.com/australia.