Robin Hilliard (Rocketboots, Australia)
Lot of people talk agile and lean process, but how hard is it to put into practice. A lot of us jury rig a process that works for our own teams. Talk to other teams; find out what works and what doesn't. More...
Why do genius development teams regularly turn out mediocre software? One of the key causes is the failure to clearly frame the problem they're trying to solve in their software requirements. Don't waste your team's time solving the wrong problems for another year - get to the interesting problems, and unlock your inner genius. More...
Formerly with Allaire and Macromedia, Robin is an experienced software architect and Adobe Ambassador with a BSc in Computer Science and Pure Mathematics from Sydney University. He is a passionate advocate for common sense approaches to solving real world problems with technology, from initial engagement to requirements, agile methodologies and all kinds of testing.
Robin is the creator of several open source projects, a regular conference speaker and moonlights as the compare of CodeWar. He is based in Sydney, Australia.
Has previously done talks on...
- Code Wars
- Code, Know Thyself: Using ActionScript Metadata
- Easy as MVC: Architecture and Frameworks for Non-Believers
- Software Requirements without Tears
- Code Wars!
- Stop that Response! Getting Pushy with ColdFusion and Data Services
- Adobe User Group: Code War! (And Early Registration)
- Scope Like a Butterfly, Sprint for a Fee - Selling Agile